The Bacchus Bar at Donnington Valley has launched its first winter cocktail menu, with something for everyone over the festive period and into the New Year, it has never been a more exciting time for you to treat yourself to one of our specially designed cocktails.
Our Jack Frost cocktail was the winner of our in house cocktail competition and is proving to be extremely popular during the party season. If you want to try this at home we’ve given the recipe below.
We have also introduced The Bacchus Hot Chocolate Liqueur, so curl up by the fire and indulge in our steaming hot chocolate with Thornton’s chocolate liqueur, whipped cream and marshmallows, every chocolate lovers dream.
- First chill a martini glass by filling it with ice.
- Prepare melon and peppermint by balling fresh melon and crushing extra strong mints.
- Empty the ice from the glass and rub an ice cube around the rim of the glass, once this is done turn the glass upside down and coat the rim with a peppermint dusting also coat two melon balls with crushed peppermint.
- Take a Boston shaker and fill it with ice, add 35ml of vodka and 35 ml of blue bols and shake.
- Add three/ four melon balls to bottom of the glass and fill ¾ of the way up with crushed ice.
- Then strain the contents from the shaker over the ice, top with lemonade and garnish with the peppermint coated melon balls.
By Victoria Joy