An easy free weights exercise that targets the three major muscle groups in your lower body, your glutes, hamstrings and quads. Here’s how to perform the exercise safely.
- Pick up a pair of dumbbells and hold them by your side
- Take a big step forward so you are standing in a split stance
- Your front foot should be flat to the floor, with the heel on your back foot raised off the floor
- Lower your back leg until your knee is just off the floor
- Pause at the bottom of the movement before pushing yourself back up to the standing position
Complete all your reps on the same leg before swapping over to work the other leg.
If you would like more information on these exercises or to book an
appointment with a personal trainer call 01635 551188