Here are some effective exercises to get your abs in shape this summer.
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground
- Put your hands beside your head
- Bring your knees up to about a 45-degree angle and slowly go through a bicycle motion
- Touch your left elbow to your right knee, then your right elbow to your left knee
- Breathe evenly throughout the exercise
- To make it easier, keep your feet flat on the floor and go through the bicycle motion one leg at a time.
Long Arm Crunch
- Lie on your back with your arms over your head with hands clasped and arms close to your ears
- Keep your knees bent with feet flat on the floor
- Contract your abs and lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Lower and repeat for 12-16 reps
- An easier option is to keep hands on your temples.
We have a wide range of membership options available and many popular classes at Donnington Valley Health Club and Spa. Take a look at our website for more information.