As the weather has started to turn we through it would be a good idea to revisit a blog from Spa Director Hannah Henley with tips on how to keep your skin in tip top condition in the colder weather.
Keep your Skin in Tip Top Shape
With the colder weather drawing in, it’s that time of year again to be thinking about how to try and avoid the inevitable winter skin blues.
Here are my top tips:
• If you use a cleansing wash or even cleansing wipes try and swap to a cleansing milk for the autumn and winter months to avoid stripping the skin
• When possible, use a moisturising face mask once or twice a week to top up the moisture levels in your skin
• Keep your legs scale free and smooth throughout the harsh autumn and winter by using a good exfoliator on a weekly basis, and then apply a body moisturiser daily or even a body butter to nourish the driest of skins
• Keep yourself hydrated. Keep up your fluids and look after yourself from the inside
• Start the day with a hot shower, but before you get out switch to cold water for about fifteen seconds. Then turn up the heat a little, and down again to repeat the process for about two minutes. I hear you say, why would I do a thing like that?
This is a simple hydrotherapy technique which revitalises the skin by stimulating the flow of blood through the body. It is both invigorating and highly beneficial to the skin. So even though you may not really enjoy the process, just think of the all the good it’s doing you!
• Use a facial moisturiser with an SPF as this will provide protection from all the elements
• Drink a glass of hot water with lemon. This Chinese herbal remedy is a sure-fire method of energising your body and will de-tox your entire system. This means that your body will be able to clean the blood faster to get rid of toxins responsible for bad skin
• Simply sleep! Money cannot buy the benefits of a good night’s rest. Your oxygen levels will drop if you don’t get enough sleep, meaning that your cells will not be renewed as quickly. This is when degenerative skin aging sets in. Try to get seven, if not eight or nine hours of rest a night to achieve absolutely painless benefits. It’s ideal!
Why not also pop down to the spa for a treatment and a bit of pampering?
Please visit our website for details of all the treatments available: http://www.donningtonvalley.co.uk/spa_signature.asp