Tanning for the New Year
As the New Year begins and we start to feel the cold weather and notice our skins are losing any tan we had left over from the summer. There is no excuse to be tan free for the winter months as The Vita Liberata Tan is an easy answer yet offers lots of alternatives. You can take the easy option and pop to the Spa to get a tan and let one of the therapists do the Spray Tan for you.
- In the Salon the Spray Tan is available in 3 shades and the therapist will discuss with you how you want your tan to look. Vita Liberata was the tanning range used in this years X Factor so is popular with the celebs and has been featured in the press recently.
The products deliver beautiful, naturally bronzed skin without the smell, streaks, sticky sensation and snakeskin fade often associated with products in this category. The products are 80% organic and enriched with moisture – lock complex Pentavitin. Ingredients include Melon, Grape and Silk Proteins The Vita Liberata Spray Tan is odourless and dries on contact. 80% organic and toxin free, to give the client and therapist comfort that this is the safest and kindest possible product of its kind on the market. The immediate result is very natural.
Before treatment advice:
- Skin should be free from self tan, perfume, deodorant and aromatherapy oils.
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment or applying tan at home.
- The evening or morning before your treatment or applying your tan, exfoliate your entire body, pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet.
- It may be best to wear dark, loose fitting clothing with dark coloured underwear after applying the tan or having a treatment.
When scheduling your tanning treatment:
Please be advised of the following;
- Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 6-8 hours after your treatment.
- Do not participate in any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- The guide colour can be left on for up to 24 hours.
- When showering the guide colour off, shower without product and allow the water to run completely clear.
Keep your tan looking gorgeous for longer:
Moisturise the skin with Moisture Boost Body treatment or Skin Plumping Peptide Mist. After showering pat the skin dry rather than rubbing. Avoid swimming as chlorine can bleach the tan.
There are tinted products which make applying self tan a lot easier, untinted (which saves any tan going on your clothes) or the Phenomenal Range, which means more than one application but the tan lasts 2-3 weeks. For the person that doesn’t want a heavy tan or has not tanned before gradual tanning products are fantastic, they are a moisturiser with a hint of tan, so you can apply it daily until you achieve the colour you want. For the last minute events you can use a wash off tan, instant colour and washes off when you get home.
For any advice contact Donnington Valley Spa who will be pleased to help.