Tips on tricep dips.
This exercise will work your glutes, hamstrings, your core and lower back muscles. Before you give it a go, look at the teaching points below.
- Lie on your back on the mat with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor
- Raise your hips off the floor so that your body is in a straight line from knees to shoulders
- Pause for 3 seconds in this positioning before lowering your hips back down to the floor
This is a great excercise you can do at home to firm up your hips and glutes, why not give it a go?
For more information on the Health Club at Donnington Valley Hotel & Spa, and to try our 6 week membership offer see our website for detailshttp://www.donningtonvalley.co.uk/spa_trialmembership.asp
An easy free weights exercise that targets the three major muscle groups in your lower body, your glutes, hamstrings and quads. Here’s how to perform the exercise safely.
- Pick up a pair of dumbbells and hold them by your side
- Take a big step forward so you are standing in a split stance
- Your front foot should be flat to the floor, with the heel on your back foot raised off the floor
- Lower your back leg until your knee is just off the floor
- Pause at the bottom of the movement before pushing yourself back up to the standing position
Complete all your reps on the same leg before swapping over to work the other leg.
If you would like more information on these exercises or to book an
appointment with a personal trainer call 01635 551188
Here are some effective exercises to get your abs in shape this summer.
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground
- Put your hands beside your head
- Bring your knees up to about a 45-degree angle and slowly go through a bicycle motion
- Touch your left elbow to your right knee, then your right elbow to your left knee
- Breathe evenly throughout the exercise
- To make it easier, keep your feet flat on the floor and go through the bicycle motion one leg at a time.
Long Arm Crunch
- Lie on your back with your arms over your head with hands clasped and arms close to your ears
- Keep your knees bent with feet flat on the floor
- Contract your abs and lift your shoulder blades off the floor.
- Lower and repeat for 12-16 reps
- An easier option is to keep hands on your temples.
We have a wide range of membership options available and many popular classes at Donnington Valley Health Club and Spa. Take a look at our website for more information.
When preparing for a holiday we know that everyone wants to look their best! The best abdominal exercise to get that tummy into shape is the plank. This not only works the top part of your tummy muscles but also the lower abdomen.
There is no need for any equipment this exercise can be done in your own home.
Follow the steps below and you will soon see the results.
First of all if you have any injuries or back problems consult your doctor first.
Start off on the lower options and as you practice you will be able to up your game.
- Lie on a mat tummy down on the ground.
- Bend your arms and bring them underneath your body lifting your chest and upper back off the ground.
- If you’re a beginner leave your knees and legs on the mat. Keep your back flat and hold in your abs and bottom. Hold this position for as long as possible and then repeat.
- To add a higher intensity, bring your body up onto your toes into a plank position. It is extremely important to keep your body flat and not to let your bottom go up or let your hips drop.
Hold this position for as long as possible and then repeat.