As the wedding season is fast approaching I have put together some of my top wedding trends for 2012.
• Lace, from trimmings, round cakes and on dresses Katherine Middleton has made the lace bolero a must have for a 2012 wedding
• Sweetie bars and candy carts: these could be outside for a summer wedding or inside in the evening. Catering for all kinds of budgets, these can be a really fun thing for your wedding and keep the kids happy too! Try the new local company bonappasweet.
• Brightly coloured bridesmaids. Gone are the pastel colours for bridesmaids, letting
them have something lovely and bright helps bring a splash of colour to your photos
• Bands are back! Although Djs are still a popular choice more and more of my brides are opting to add a set or two of a local band. A great group to try are: Got it covered: 07886 361088
• Brollies and wellies, come rain or shine you will have super photos in the shade or the shelter. Get something fun and make it part of the day – you can’t change the weather after all so work with it.
These are just a few of the top trends for 2012. If you are planning your wedding for this year or next do not hesitate to come to Donnington Valley Hotel & Spa and meet me.
Senior Events Co-ordinator
Donnington Valley Hotel & Spa