- Work out your budget, and stick to it or you will fall in love with all the things you can’t have!
- Think about your guest list – who do you really have to have, who would you like if possible and who will be happy with an evening invite. It will make finding a suitable room at your prospective venues much easier if you have a minimum number
- Make a list of things you think you want and don’t want in a venue – there is no point looking around a venue for a candle lit wedding breakfast if they don’t allow candles
- Make a list of all the parts of the wedding package or items that you will want on your day, you don’t want to be paying for elements you don’t want
- Ask for a bespoke quote based on your items so you can see the full costs of your plans and don’t be afraid to ask to have it re-calculated if you want to add items in or take them out
- When trying on your dress sit down – you need to be able to eat that amazing 3 course meal you have paid for
- Try the food at your venue, you cannot be expected to pay for food for all your guests without having either eaten in the restaurant or had a menu tasting
- Tailor your menu to what you want, you have every right to change it to make it perfect for you and your guests tastes
- Don’t stress about the weather! If the forecast isn’t bright sunshine then be prepared to work with it and have fun – have some pretty umbrellas at the ready and some wellies for some fun photos – your photographer doesn’t need to stay dry!
- Remember that if you are having a civil ceremony or partnership, that the venue is not allowed to book the registrar. You should contact them as soon as possible to book this directly with them, without them it is not legal!
If you are searching for a wedding venue in Berkshire why not call 01635 568106 and book an appointment with Beth Willis, our wedding co-ordinator at Donnington Valley Hotel & Spa.
Donnington Valley Hotel Wedding Fair – Sunday 25th September – FREE
Meet Beth, over 25 wedding experts and be treated to a VIP tour of the venue. For further information, please visit: